The UMD Startup Shell is Now Accepting Applications
Startup Shell, a new student-run technology collective that advances ventures while leading educational initiatives in the greater community, is now accepting applications. The Shell provides hackerspace resources and business direction through a lively coworking environment.
Startup Shell members gain access to:
- 24-hour swipe access to a decked-out coworking space
- Prototyping tools, including a 3D printer and electronics device lab
- Funding opportunities and investor interactions
- Mentorship from entrepreneurial professionals
- Dedicated desk and workstation space, plus storage
- Subscriptions to various web products
Applications for membership are due by Monday, September 23, at 5 p.m. Learn more at http://startupshell.org/apply.
Startup Shell is holding an Open House on September 18 and 19 from 6-11:30 p.m. Learn more at http://startupshell.org#events.
Startup Shell is located in the Technology Advancement Program (TAP) incubator, an initiative of the Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (Mtech) in the A. James Clark School of Engineering.
September 10, 2013